This morning, I was reading 1 Corinthians chapter 13. While reading verse 1 through 3, something struck me.
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.”I Corinthians 13:1-3 NKJV
Looking at this scripture, I think it’s interesting to see that all these things can take place without love, especially the last one.
How do you feed the poor and give your body to be burned and really not have love? Ordinarily, you’d think that love exists in all these. Take a look again at the things mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13:1-2. I’ll list them:
- You can speak in different tongues of man and not have love
- You can have the gift of prophesy and not have love
- You can understand all mysteries and all knowledge and not have love
- You can have all faith, that you could remove mountains but still have no love
- You can give all your goods to feed the poor and not have love
- You can give your body to be burned and still not have love
Isn’t it crazy??
This is something to think about.
As usual, remember to be a light in your space 💫